This project involves the regeneration of the Britannia Leisure Centre area adjacent to Shoreditch Park, and diversion of the Thames Water storm water relief manhole to enable these works.
The new state-of-the-art Britannia Leisure Centre will consist of:
- A new and improved fitness centre
- A six-lane, 25 metre main pool with movable floor
- A 20 metre by 10 metre training pool with movable floor
- A ‘leisure water’ facility for children and families, including water features and a flume
- A six-court sports hall
- Creche and soft play area
- Sauna and steam room
- Fitness suite and flexible studio spaces
- Four squash courts
- Two five-a-side pitches
- Two tennis / netball courts, and
- A cafe and toilets (also serving Shoreditch Park users).
Other much needed facilities will be a new public realm space with entry to Shoreditch Park and the new leisure centre, and tree planting to improve the local area and add more green space.
To find out more, visit the Britannia site page on the Hackney Council website.