Westminster Kingsway College – National Apprenticeship Week 2020
Hannah Cowell supported the Westminster Kingsway College in Kings Cross on 5 February 2020 to help attendees into the construction industry. Five hundred candidates came to the event to ask about their career progression and to gain a better understanding about accessing different fields within the sector and Hannah was able support candidates with work experience advise and job applications. Candidates where from all over London but Hannah managed to advise them about the employment teams within their borough and also helped some Hackney residents with making steps to begin to talk to the Hackney Works Team. Attending these events really help people network and gain confidence in applying for work which will help the sector continue to find diversity and new talent.
Carlo Liu Employability and Progression Lead said “I wanted to say a huge thank you for attending our Discover Apprenticeships Event this week! It was such a great atmosphere and student feedback has been amazing.”
A special thank you to our apprentice panel giving their nuggets of wisdom and dispelling the myths!
We are still collating student feedback but here are some comments I’d like to share with you.
- I liked the wide range of opportunities
- I’m seriously thinking about an apprenticeship now
- You get to ask questions to gain a better understanding
- A lot of companies at your disposal and really useful
- Very informative and everyone was nice. Detailed advice
- I like it all in one place. You get to ask lots of question
- It was really helpful and useful information
- Being able to have an insight into different opportunities
- Very motivational
- It was good talking directly to people about apprenticeships
( we got lots of comments about how nice everyone was!)
Thank you again for all your support!